Keramik iFokus

Keramik

Läst 303 ggr
DDBC keramik
1

Soda ättika och el ugn

Hej
På nätet cirkulerar video om soda ättika på torr lera där man penslar innan skröjbränning. Fantastisk fin effekt men undrar om någon här har testat?
Klarar detta en el ugn?
Blir några icke önskade kemiska reaktioner och gaser?
Vet ni om det går att skröjbränna och även glasyrbräning?
Här är en länk på tekniken https://www.instagram.com/reel/DONzT1LjOOp/?igsh=a3N5d255em12ZmQz
Tack för alla kloka svar

Pipistrelle (Rhi Jarman) on Instagram: "*Disclaimer - this is an arty experiment, not a how to! Always do your own research and discuss firing with your studio manager/technician! So, here I am again with my second test of the vinegar and bicarbonate of soda experiment on bone dry stoneware clay. This acid-base combo produces a chemical reaction that creates carbon dioxide (the fizz), water, and sodium acetate (the white residue). 👩‍🔬 This time I’m trying out the following oxides and glazes on the bisque fired piece (not to mention my first try at voiceover - be kind!), rather than going all in with copper oxide as I did the first time. 🤦 A - manganese dioxide B - red iron oxide C - copper oxide D - white lava glaze E - matt white glaze F - transparent glaze The results are so interesting! I’m pleased with how the oxides look with less liberal application wiped back, the craters show through nicely.🌕 The glazes haven’t really had much of an impact. But what’s really interesting is that in between the test areas where I didn’t apply oxide or glaze, there is a visible lava-like, shiny glaze! 🌋 I think that where the sodium acetate was thickest, it’s fluxed and has effectively created its own glaze! It’s not what I expected at all but it’s still an interesting effect with future potential for my work.😃 Are you a potter that’s tried it yourself? Let me know if it worked and your results. 🏺 🏺 🏺 🏺 🏺 #pottery #ceramics #ceramicart #modernceramics #textureobsession #instapottery #ihavethisthingwithceramics #potterystudio #ceramicreview"
6,601 likes, 135 comments - pipistrelle_rhi_jarman on September 5, 2025: "*Disclaimer - this is an arty experiment, not a how to! Always do your own research and discuss firing with your studio manager/technician! So, here I am again with my second test of the vinegar and bicarbonate of soda experiment on bone dry stoneware clay. This acid-base combo produces a chemical reaction that creates carbon dioxide (the fizz), water, and sodium acetate (the white residue). 👩‍🔬 This time I’m trying out the following oxides and glazes on the bisque fired piece (not to mention my first try at voiceover - be kind!), rather than going all in with copper oxide as I did the first time. 🤦 A - manganese dioxide B - red iron oxide C - copper oxide D - white lava glaze E - matt white glaze F - transparent glaze The results are so interesting! I’m pleased with how the oxides look with less liberal application wiped back, the craters show through nicely.🌕 The glazes haven’t really had much of an impact. But what’s really interesting is that in between the test areas where I didn’t apply oxide or glaze, there is a visible lava-like, shiny glaze! 🌋 I think that where the sodium acetate was thickest, it’s fluxed and has effectively created its own glaze! It’s not what I expected at all but it’s still an interesting effect with future potential for my work.😃 Are you a potter that’s tried it yourself? Let me know if it worked and your results. 🏺 🏺 🏺 🏺 🏺 #pottery #ceramics #ceramicart #modernceramics #textureobsession #instapottery #ihavethisthingwithceramics #potterystudio #ceramicreview".
ler
0
#1

Det går så fint

DDBC keramik
0
#2

#1: Tack så jättemycket för svaret

Bo§e
0
#3

Idé: Ett utökat experiment skulle kunna vara att lösa olika metallsalter i sodablandningen….?


"Don't Panic" (Douglas Adams)

DDBC keramik
1
#4

#3: Spännande, ska försöka. 😉 återkommer med resultatet

DDBC keramik
2
Bild 1. Klicka för att öppna i full storlek.
#5

Nu är vasen färdig och är bränd på 1240 grader. Soda och ättika på torr lera ( bubblor och glansig glasyreffekt )och järnoxid ( den bruna). Inga glasyr i övrigt.
Funkade bra och här kommer resultatet. Följ gärna hela processen
https://www.instagram.com/reel/DQDu1T1iECL/?igsh=dTIxNnR2bjRvZWFq

30 likes, 8 comments - beti_art_design on October 20, 2025: "Godmorgon fina vänner! 🤗 De som jobbar med lera och är besatta förstår mig 😂 Det är inte så svårt att vakna 1 timme tidigare, åka 20 km extra innan jobbet för att öppna en ugn med glasyrbräning. Jätte nöjd med slutresultatet av en lyckad experiment med soda och ättika. ( det blev inte havet men en levande bubblig glasyr ändå 😂) 😉 #keramik #lera #clay #vas #vase #ceramic #pottery #ceramics #stengods #contemporaryceramics #hav #bubbel #soda #vinäger #clayandsodafiring #soda #soda&ättika #ättika #lera #clay #bubbel #experimente #experiments #contemporary #contemporaryart #contemporarysculpture #contemporaryceramics #contemporarycraft @ddbc.design #vas #vase #wabisabi #wabisabiculture #wabisabistyle #wabisabiceramics #interiordesign #interiorinspiration #interiordecor".
Ulla
1
#6

Kul experiment och spännande vas! Tack för att du visar resultatet!

Sajtvärd för Keramik ifokus

_
_

Ålands folkhögskola
2
#7

Min gissning är att en el ugn klarar det här i små mängder, men att slingorna kan få stryk om man har föremål alltför nära. Tror att natrium blir till ånga, men att ångan stannar ganska lokalt.

ler
1
#8

Ja det är inget man bör göra allt för mycket natrium sätter sig på stenarna