Annons:
Etikettkeramikugnar
Läst 758 ggr
Cairathburn
2020-08-07 15:03

Är den Cromartie CTL 75 brännugnen bra?

I have done ceramics on and off for 14 years but always in a studio where the owners did the firing. I’m thinking of buying a used kiln and setting up a small studio for myself. THe sellers say it has only been used a couple times but they think it was made in 1995. Does anyone have experience with a kiln like this? Is it good? Is 10.000 SEK a reasonable price? Any guidance would be greatly appreciated! It’s a big expenditure so it makes me nervous! Thank you!

Annons:
Bo§e
2020-08-07 15:26

CTL 75  is,  basically,  a "good" kiln…..not top of the line,  but of decent quality.   And, AFAIK spare elements are still available.    

Some older examples though,  may come with an ancient semi-automatic controlller, that makes no one happy. in the long run.       Fitted with a more modern microprocessor controller, you've got a "good enough" combo…

If you ask me, the price is a bit on the high side though…..particularily as the condition of the elements is hard to determine (unknown)…..   Check for the price of a new set of elements….just to get some perspective….      

My "2 cents" on this…..🙂

Cairathburn
2020-08-07 16:18
Bild 1. Klicka för att öppna i full storlek.

Great information! Thank you. Does the semiautomatic controller look like this? How much does adding a modern microprocessor cost. The replacement elements cost about 135 British pounds on a website I saw.

Cairathburn
2020-08-07 16:19

Do you think that a new kiln is a better idea or what brand do you recommend for used kilns? Thank you!

Bo§e
2020-08-07 16:35

Good news..!   The Safefire 3000 is a "modern" digital controller,  and provided  it's  in working order and a manual comes with it, it will do a good job.

🙂

Cairathburn
2020-08-07 16:36

Why is the semi automatic controller annoying? Just in comparison to modern conveniences? Not enough control? Not reliable? Thanks!

Cairathburn
2020-08-07 16:36

Why is the semi automatic controller annoying? Just in comparison to modern conveniences? Not enough control? Not reliable? Thanks!

Annons:
Bo§e
2020-08-07 16:54

The semi-automatic controllers are usually just as reliable as the operator….😉….when they "fail", it's most likely due to the human factor…   These controllers require a  certain amount of manual clocking and surveillance, which triggs the old law of "if a mistake could be done, it will happen, sooner or later"…..

That's the main reason for annoyance,  plus the fact that you're not "free"  during a major part of the firing….

🙂

Cairathburn
2020-08-07 16:56

That is great news! They say they have the manus. Thank you Bosse Cebex Cbg! It is so amazing how generous people are with their expertise on here! Tack så mycket!

Cairathburn
2020-08-07 17:42
Bild 1. Klicka för att öppna i full storlek.

What do you think is a fair price? It includes shelves. Thanks!

Bo§e
2020-08-07 18:02

Visually it looks to be in a good condition.  The price asked for may be "ok",  however we cannot judge the condition of the elements by eyes….which may generate an extra cost sooner than you'd expect…..or not….we simply don't know… 

If you decrease the asked price with the costs of a set of elements, that wpuld be a "fair" price……that's how I think…but of course I'll leave that decision to you…  Anything between that and the asked 10000:- would be "not too bad", after all…..

Particularily if you work with stoneware,  a kiln's consumption of elements is something to take into economic consideration, likes the tyres of a car, etc….

🙂

A
2022-12-13 16:35

#1: Hej, vad är AFAIK?

Bo§e
2022-12-13 16:47

#11: AFAIK = "As far as I know"

A
2022-12-13 16:58

#12: :) Aha!

Annons:
Upp till toppen